- Southern Ocean climate and dynamics. Wind-forcing of the Southern Ocean and heat transport via the Antarctic Circumpolar Current.
- Satellite oceanography from altimeter, scatterometer, microwave SST, etc.
- Simultaneous winds and currents from satellite Doppler Scatterometer. (Ocean Dynamics and Surface Exchange with the Atmosphere, ODYSEA.)
- Biogeochemical processes in the Southern Ocean. Southern Ocean Carbon and Climate Observations and Modeling (SOCCOM)
- Air-sea fluxes at high latitudes and especially in the Southern Ocean (Southern Ocean Observing System Air-sea flux working group)
- Diurnal variability in upper ocean temperature and surface winds.
- Evaluating sub-surface mixing and stirring processes in the Southern Ocean. Diapycnal and Isopycnal Mixing Experiment in the Southern Ocean (DIMES)
- Bio-physical interactions in the Antarctic Peninsula region. ("Blue Water Zone" web page)
- B.S., Yale University
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program