- Southern Ocean climate and dynamics. Wind-forcing of the Southern Ocean and heat transport via the Antarctic Circumpolar Current.
- Satellite oceanography from altimeter, scatterometer, microwave SST, etc.
- Biogeochemical processes in the Southern Ocean. Southern Ocean Carbon and Climate Observations and Modeling (SOCCOM)
- Evaluating sub-surface mixing and stirring processes in the Southern Ocean. Diapycnal and Isopycnal Mixing Experiment in the Southern Ocean (DIMES)
- Bio-physical interactions in the Antarctic Peninsula region. ("Blue Water Zone" web page)
- Air-sea fluxes at high latitudes and especially in the Southern Ocean (US CLIVAR High Latitude Flux Working Group)
- Diurnal variability in upper ocean temperature and surface winds.
- B.S., Yale University
- PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program